Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Ode To Penny

Tonight's blog falls under the category of "things I've never told any living person before." So why not blog about it?

At trivia tonight a question was, "What was the name of Inspector Gadget's niece and dog?"

Hi kids! Don't think too hard about how I store all this stuff in my head, or you'll figure out I'm a terrifying robot.

The dog I couldn't remember (Brain). But his niece I knew right away. Penny, my first love.

Blonde and Brainy.
My first crush--my first kiss--was a cartoon. Penny had everything a 2nd grade boy was looking for. Penny was smart, beautiful and sweet. She always knew how to read the clues her bumbling uncle couldn't. My young heart never stood a chance. I went through a phase where I would occasionally sneak kisses from the TV screen. I don't think anyone ever saw me.

I forgot about Penny until tonight, but she still holds a special place in my heart. So I wrote her this ode.

Mystery solver
Problem dissolver
With a cool watch I wanted to have

I kissed you sneaky
On a boxy old TV
Thank God my parents never saw that

No comments: