Friday, May 3, 2013

Cork Board

I keep a cork board by my bed.  It's always full, and always changing.  Reminders, sayings and quotes come and go.

Two items hold special meaning for me.  One is the memorial program for a former student of mine who passed away two years ago.  He went to bed a healthy youth on a Saturday, woke up ill on Sunday, and was in a coma for a week until he died.  Viral meningitis of the heart.  It happened suddenly and with no warning.  I wrote about it here.

Another is my girlfriend of 7 months, myself and my dog on a hike.  She looks beautiful, Winston looks cute. It's a sunny day.  I'm smiling goofy, but I'm clearly happy.

I don't know how long I'll keep them up. For now they remind me that Life is Good, and Life is Short.  No seconds to take for granted.

No comments: